Corporate social responsibility is vitally important to who we are as a company and our place in society. Elements of our corporate social responsibility include:
- Risk Management in Providing and Using Work Equipment in a safe and ergonomic manner
- To increase the comfort of office and laboratory workstations and promote employee health, ergonomics guidelines and training are in place.
- Safe Workplace, including Fire and Life Safety and Process Safety
- In order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, Ligand has developed an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP). This plan complies with Senate Bill 198, as codified in the California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 3203 of the General Industry Safety Orders. Ligand is dedicated to providing employees with a safe environment in which to work. If any unsafe conditions or situations are noticed, employees are encouraged to contact their manager or the safety officer regarding these concerns. Any employee may anonymously or confidentially report a hazard or share a health and safety concern. An Environmental, Health and Safety program has been established with training on an annual basis.
- Contractor safety and management of risk from suppliers of materials and services
- Proper Storage and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (see also Environmental)
- A focus on diversity and inclusion when building our workforce, management team and Board
- Ligand stimulates charitable donations by matching charitable gift giving from its employees
- We interact with our employees and solicit feedback to help gauge their commitment to ESG issues. We also hold quarterly employee meetings to share company information and invite employees to ask questions and share their thoughts on a variety of topics, including ESG related topics.